Crooked teeth or a misaligned bite can impact your appearance and create a range of complex dental complications. Crooked teeth are often the underlying cause of complex dental concerns, such as an imbalanced bite, worn teeth, and TMJ symptoms.
Are Traditional Metal Braces Still Effective?
Traditional metal braces are often a highly effective treatment option for bringing balance and beauty to the smile and bite. Traditional metal braces can treat complex malocclusion allowing for a healthier, more comfortable bite. Metal braces allow Dr. Barakat to make refined adjustments for optimal results.
What Are The Benefits of Traditional Braces?
- Correcting an Overbite
- It is essential to correct an overbite because it can cause unusual wear on the teeth toward the front of your mouth. In addition, your jaw is misaligned, leading to problems with the jaw’s joints. With traditional braces, you can fix this dental misalignment to have the perfect smile.
- Repairing a Crossbite
- With a crossbite, you will have one or more teeth that are positioned closer to the tongue or cheeks, leading to an unusual bite. These misaligned teeth can cause irritation as you talk or chew food, and it is also more difficult to brush or floss your teeth.
- Fixing Overcrowded Teeth
- If you have teeth that are overcrowded, then you will have teeth that are too close together. You may have only a few teeth that are overcrowded, or the majority of your overcrowded teeth may be located toward the front of your mouth instead. The pressure from traditional metal brackets and wires can shift your overcrowded teeth into the proper positions.
- Correcting an Underbite
- An underbite is an unusual dental misalignment that is caused by a smaller jaw or bad childhood habits. With this condition, the lower teeth are positioned over the upper teeth when you close your mouth, and treatment with metallic traditional bracket and wire braces is recommended for overcoming this problem.
- Closing Gaps
- When you have gaps between your teeth, it creates an unattractive smile. This dental problem makes it difficult to chew food or talk properly.
Dr. Ami Barakat has years of training and experience in providing comprehensive orthodontic treatments to patients of all ages. Our Ottawa, ON orthodontic office provides early and multiphase treatment for optimal results.
Schedule An Appointment
If you want to learn more, contact Villanova Dental Studio today. To make an appointment at our Stittsville, ON dentist office, call (613) 927-9818 or schedule an appointment online. Dr. Barakat’s new book Perfecting Smiles Changing Lives: Your Guide To An Exceptional Dental Experience is available now.